Monday, July 27, 2020

The Feero That Almost Shot Tom Selleck

I bet that headline got your attention. Yesterday night, I had a moment to myself and decided to take a glance at the book about Christian Feero and all his descendants. Randomly, I opened it up to page 144 to see a picture of Clyde and Mida Feero with a description of their children and grandchildren below. I was surprised to find out that their son Robert and his wife lived in Los Altos, California (relatively close to my hometown). Reading further, I noticed that their son Robert Clyde Jr. was listed as a television and film actor in Hollywood. Wondering if he had been in anything that I would know, I broke out IMDB (Internet Movie Database) and put in his name, and sure enough, there he was
The head-shot of Robert Feero.
I was happy to discover that, while not a star, Robert (who passed away in 2011) had guest-starred in many of the major TV shows of my youth. After making his acting debut in George Lucas' first film, "THX 1138", Robert racked up guest spots on Battlestar Gallactica (the 70s version), the Incredible Hulk, Bionic Woman, B.J. and the Bear, Simon & Simon, Knight Rider, and Magnum P.I. to name a few. Although I wasn't able to find any YouTube clips of his acting I was able to go back and see the episode of Magnum P.I. (I own all seasons on iTunes) in which he guest-starred, playing "Dolphie," a henchman to a drug lord named. And if you look at the shots I was able to take (below) of his first scene you'll understand the headline of this blog entry. (The episode is "...By Its Cover" from 1983, by the way)
Hello, cousin Robert. What's with the gun?
Don't shoot Magnum!
Doing some further research into Robert's career while looking for some more pictures of him acting I came across some photos of him playing a character named Bora, an alien that made two appearances on Battlestar Galactica. There is a great in-depth interview with Robert regarding his time on the show and acting career on a Battlestar Galactica fansite. It's really worth taking a look at. You can also see him briefly in the YouTube clip of the preview of the episode (so cheesy!).
That's my 4th cousin in the center. No resemblance, thankfully.


Finally, before I go too deep into this rabbit hole (too late, I know), I just thought I would share this image below (sorry it's not better quality). That's right! Cousin Robert had his own action figure! How cool is that?!



I hope you enjoyed this little bit of family history. This blog entry was a nice, light-hearted one compared to the previous entries on the death of my great-great-grandfather, John E. Feero. It just goes to show that you never know what you are going to find on the family tree. Sometimes, you might even find an alien. 

1 comment: